Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Supportive Wife

For years, I've been the supportive military wife.
I know what I signed up for when we got married, I really do. I knew that I would be making sacrifices, and I am honestly ok with that. The military has always been good to us, so I was ok with it.

But now, I need to vent.

You see, we moved to England a year ago and life has been miserable since we got here. And no, it's not just me being miserable, it really is the entire life.

Let's see, where to start...

First of all, they moved us here from Florida. For those of you that don't know, it's fucking cold here. We were moved from an environment where we wore shorts, tank tops and flip flops for about 9 months out of the year. The other three months were spent in jeans and hoodies with tennis shoes. It was HOT there and I loved it. Moving here, we had to buy all new wardrobes, and tons of warmer bedding, etc. We needed coats, hats, tights, scarves, gloves, thermal underwear, etc. It sucks.

Then, my husbands job has been total shit. Awful supervision, major disorganization, little down time, etc. One guy just worked 6 weeks straight without a single day off and some of those days were 12 hour shifts!

To top it off, he's only gone TDY once. He's been stuck in a shit job and doesn't even get to travel. It sucks.
Plus, with his work schedule the way it's been, WE can't travel either.

The school's here for military kids suck too. I've heard that British schools are amazing, but if I put my oldest in a British school, none of his credits will transfer back to American schools. So my kids are now home schooled. Which I'm ok with, but I worry sometimes that they are missing out on the friendships they could be forming if they were in decent schools.

I'm frustrated, I'm cold, and I am SICK and tired of organic food. Give me some hormone injected, non free range, penned up food. Gimme me unsafe pesticides. Give me decent cleaning products that will SCALD the mold off the shower walls. I miss soft water, I miss not having to put salt into a dishwasher.
I miss the trash being picked up twice a week. This every other week crap SUCKS. We get ONE trash bin and it's picked up TWICE a month. That's unsanitary and disgusting.

I'm ready to go home.

Sometimes, the military life really sucks.


No comments:

Post a Comment